Premium Neopixel instruction page
- Remove the plastic cap from the sword blade, then carefully slide it through the top into the handle until it meets the pins. The idea is for the sword blade to push the pins in slightly.
- Now screw the included flat Allen screws through the screw holes at the top of the handle with the Allen wrench to firmly clamp the sword blade in place. They do not need to be inserted! The other pointed and blunt screws are spare here you do not need to do anything with them.
- The Allen screws should be fixed straight into the handle and without resistance.
When reassembling, make sure that the Allen screws do not block the blade on the inside of the handle.
Charge the saber for at least two hours before use. Do not turn on the saber while it is charging. A 1A / 5V charger should be used for charging. If the saber has been completely empty charge for at least 4 hours.
Charging with cable: Plug the cable into the charging port. The light ring will flash slowly. When the saber is fully charged the light ring will extinguish or the saber will say "ready". On some legendary sabers the charging port is hidden away this is usually located at the bottom inside the saber.
Charging with separate battery charger: Unscrew the two parts of the saber (leave all screws in place) and remove the battery to insert it into the charger.
When the saber is in standby (the button lights and the sword blade does not light) press the button on the handle once. If the button does not light, the saber is off and the button must be pressed for about three seconds to turn the saber on.
When the saber is on (sword blade is glowing): hold down the glowing button until the saber turns off (about three seconds), the saber now goes into standby mode. Hold the button longer to turn it off completely.
Each KenJo Saber has different volumes and a silent/mute mode.
To change volume the saber must be in standby mode. Press and hold the button until the light flashes once, then release. A voice confirmation will now appear.
Repeat this process to change between volume and mute modes.
With premium neopixel sabers it is also possible to change the volumes of the different modes. For instructions: scroll further down to the "updates & adjustments" section
Button operation from standby mode.
If the saber is completely off, first hold down the button until a voice acknowledgement follows and/or the luminous button, if present, lights up. The saber is now in standby mode.
Press and hold the button until the illuminated button flashes the number of times described. No illuminated button? Then the number of blinks listed are number of seconds pressed.
0 - Turn on, briefly press the button to turn the saber on.
1 - Adjust volume (silent / low / high).
2 - Blade style changing (Steady, Pulse, Unstable, Fire, Rainbow, Candy, Cracked).
3 - Start up style changing (Standard, Hunter, Scavenger, Phaser, Warp, Photon, Stack, Broken, Blaster, Ghost).
Note: "Blaster" & "Ghost" also affect blade style.
4 - Change sound type/character (over 40).
If the saber is not used for more than 20 minutes it will automatically turn off
Control with button while the saber is on.
Press and hold the button until the backlight flashes the number of times described. No illuminated button? Said number of blinks then press for number of seconds.
0 - Blaster block, briefly press the button.
1 - Tip drag / melt effect. (No melt effect visible? Adjust the number of pixels in the Config File. For instructions: scroll further down to the "updates & adjustments" section)
2 - Color changing mode (slow color mixing).
3 - Saber back to standby mode.
Press and hold the button for about 20 seconds to turn the saber off completely.
Operation by motion:
Lightsabers equipped with a premium neopixel soundboard are equipped with improved electronics. This makes the smooth swing function many times better than a baselit or standard neopixel saber. A premium neopixel lightsaber responds significantly more realistically to movement.
The improved electronics in a Premium Neopixel lightsaber also allows the lightsaber to be controlled by motion instead of just the button. Thus, the lightsaber can be turned on and off, the color can change, music can be played and the sound type can be changed through movement.
- (These functions can be enabled or disabled via the SD card in the SET folder of the Config file):
1) Point the saber in any direction and turn it a quarter turn to the right and quickly back.
2) Make a stabbing motion forward and back.
3) Spin the saber.
Motion control from standby mode:
1. Change sound type: Point the saber down and spin it a quarter turn to the left and quickly back.
2 . Turn background music on / off: Point the saber up and turn it a quarter turn to the left and quickly back. (Music will only play if it is present the respective font. Can be added via SD card
Motion control when the saber is on:
1. Change color: Point the saber down, hold down & turn a quarter turn to the left & quickly back. Release knob to select color
2. Sustained saber clash: Press the button & strike the handle or sword. (Without pressing the button, there will be one-time clash)
3. Special effect / force push: Point the saber upward, hold the button down & turn a quarter turn left or right & quickly back.
The video below shows how to use these motion functions:
If you want to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor, quickly scroll through to the updates and adjustments section for instructions.
Switching between blade styles:
The Premium Neopixel soundboard has seven different blade styles. This allows the lightsaber to have different styles on. The seven blade styles are as follows:
- Pulse, the blade has a slow pulsing light effect
- Steady, the sword blade fires evenly
- Unstable, the sword blade pulses
- Flame, the sword blade continuously lights stronger from bottom to top
- Rainbow, the sword blade has all colors at once
- Candy blade, the sword blade has all colors at once
- Crackle blade, the sword blade is on with localized flashes
To switch between blade styles, the saber must be on standby. Press and hold the button until it has flashed twice, then release. A voice confirmation follows. Repeat this process to switch between blade styles.
Switching between start up styles:
In addition to the different blade styles, you can also choose between ten different ways the sword turns on, such as the well-known classic style, a violently pulsing startup sequence, slow fill and the ghost blade. Ghostblade is a mode where the light slowly goes out and comes back on brighter based on movement. But also fun variations like the blaster blade, where it looks like a laser shoots out of the sword.
The video below shows the different start up styles.
To switch between start up styles, the saber must be on standby. Hold down the button until it has blinked three times, then release. A voice confirmation follows. Repeat this process to switch between start up styles.
Updates and customizations:
The Premium Neopixel sound board is a Xenopixel v2 board and is equipped with a 16GB SD card. This card holds up to 40 different sound types! The SD card can be removed from the electronics kit which allows for loading even more sounds, changing music, performing updates or adjusting the sensitivity of functions.
To do this, first remove the SD card from the electronics kit. This is done by opening the saber, the bottom of the electronics kit becomes visible. At the back is the battery. By removing the battery the SD card becomes visible. Then carefully remove the SD card and insert it into the supplied SD USB stick.
NOTE: To maintain warranty, only the saber should be opened. Do not remove screws, do not remove the electronics kit from the saber, do not disassemble the electronics kit.
NOTE: Before adding new files or updating the software, it is recommended to save an all files on the SD card on the computer or laptop so that you do not lose them if the update is not properly overlaid.
To update only and keep all sounds, simply replace only the "set" folder.
The latest SET file including the default sounds provided can be downloaded from our Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E5JqYmv2adsY5pY85zfXaxgOWoRnJADq?usp=sharing
The SD card should contain the SET folder and folders with sounds. Do not create new folders or put these files together in one folder either. Be sure to unzip the .zip or .rar file before putting it on the SD card. The content of the SD card should always look like this:
In the video below the entire SD card is updated with the file that can be downloaded from our drive.
After the new software is on the SD card it should be put back into the saber. Take out the battery and put it back to start the update.
The xenopixel board includes a lot of popular soundfonts by default. If you still want to add a different sound then this is possible. Adding sounds works very simply by creating an extra folder on the SD card and giving it a consecutive number which is not yet in use. So number it as follows: 1,2,3,...33, 34,35,36 etc. Folders can be added until the SD card is full.
Sounds should be in .WAV format and have a sample rate of 44100. The sounds should be dragged into the new folder.
Notethat the sounds should be named in exactly the same format as the existing fonts. Below is an example of the contents of a sound font folder. Other names are not possible. So in most cases it is necessary to change all newly downloaded files to the format of the example below. In some cases it is also necessary to change the name itself to match the list below.
After the new software is on the sd card it should be put back in the saber. Take out the battery and put it back in to start the update.
Sounds can be bought and downloaded for example from Kyberphonic, Darkwolf, Greyscale etc and many more. Anything can be on it as long as the names match the example shown above.
Other adjustments: Sensitivity, volume, motion control on or off, linking soundfonts to blade styles and colors, on/off timing etc:
Should you want to adjust the sensitivity or volumes or other things of your premium neopixel lightsaber you can do this very easily via the config file which is on the SD card. Follow the instructions up to step 4 in the previous video (finding and inserting the SD card in the computer) and then go to the folder 'set' on the SD card and open 'config'. In this file you can adjust values. The config file itself describes exactly what you can adjust. Below is the overview and contents of the 'config' file:
Set tip drag / melt effect
By default, the tip drag is set to 92cm. The length of your blade is adjustable with premium neopixel (xenopixel) sabers. Remove the SD card from the saber and insert it into the computer using the SD card reader. Open the "set" folder and then open the "config" file to change the "pixelnumber". 92cm = 133, 82cm =122,
Should there be any questions or uncertainties about the different functions of a premium neopixel lightsaber please feel free to ask. We are happy to help you!
If something does not work or the saber does not work properly after an update or adding a soundfont we recommend to empty the entire SD card and re-upload the file from the Google Drive.
If you have questions or unexpected problems with the KenJo Saber in any form? Look for instruction movies and answers to frequently asked questions at kenjosabers.nl/pages/faqs or kenjosabers.nl/pages/troubleshoot.
Is your question not listed here or do you want to make use of the legal warranty please contact us and we will take care of a quick and adequate service to solve the problem. This can be done via email@example.com or via the chat function on www.kenjosabers.com. Please include your order number so we can take a quick look.
- The KenJo Saber is not suitable for children under the age of 14. Children over 14 should play with the KenJo Saber under adult supervision.
- Use KenJo Sabers safely and responsibly.
- This product cannot withstand water.
- Do not turn on this product while it is charging.
- Do not disassemble or open this product yourself, otherwise it will void the warranty.
- Do not leave this product on or charging unattended.
- This product is not suitable for use as a permanent light source.
- KenJo Sabers is not liable for any damage and/or injury caused by not following warnings.
- Do not expose the saber to open flame or indirect heat.
- Contains small parts, keep away from children and store safely due to choking hazard.
- This product should not be placed in the trash and should be recycled.
- Do not leave the saber on unattended.
- This product cannot be washed or microwaved.
- KenJo Sabers is not liable for any damage and/or injury caused by not following warnings.
- Do not use (fast) chargers with an output higher than 1A/5V.